Thursday, May 14, 2015

Open Mic Themed Creative Writing, Part Two

Ode to speak for yourself
by Daniel Gladden

Shepherds of the night.
For the last year thoughts and inspiration filled this brick haven. I feel the twinge when I contemplate how many poems were lost to the nothingness. Lost in the exhaled breath that could not be held in the fleeting thought. Lost in imperfect memory of souls held in small bodies that somehow touch the stars and in these precious moments manage to bring the shining fragments to a eager audience of fellow seekers. And there are days I bring my rage that can bring its beast that needs the music to calm. And I thank all the poets that yearn for Thursday nights and for the moment I paused long enough to listen to the song in this breeze. I leave each night filled with inspiration, so much so that the pages of my book are stuffed to the brim and some nights I find myself unable to sleep, looking at the last blank page, thinking of the loops in cursive ink that fill in white until it make sense to my furious thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment