Friday, May 1, 2015

Compilation Poem for April 30, 2015

The morning you never woke up and everything went on as usual
You are now my shrine, the spirit that fills me with life
I believe in remnants, hushed fragments
How long did it last?
41? You still have your mother’s milk on your breath
With millions of images spun by the audience’s thoughts
This is not to say I do not adore them
With my beating, bleeding heart
A black seed spit out by Eve
Even Jesus was born in the dark embers, pale and deepened
I call myself by various names, some of which I can’t pronounce
Through tears and storm, throwing shade from before you were born
Taste, catch, stretch, call out by name
Nothing except machine
Transposing chaos from chaos
To seek such souls in the pitch of the sea
Unlike Peter I did not float
The essentials of life were second guessed
I think he understands why I run and run
Hoping you will be the next person to walk down the hall
This is not a story problem
It feels like you’re lying, waiting for Truth
Being honest is not my style, my look
Accept my heart and weak mind
I’m still angry in my bones
Angry in my bones
Angry in my bones
I’m not sorry for unspoken squabbles
I know I’m dying, that’s my torture, I just didn’t know how.
Time is ruthless
This morning you never woke up and everything went on as usual.

Compiled by Marianne Hales Harding

April 30, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment