Thursday, January 22, 2015

January 22, 2015 Compilation Poem: Writers of SFYS

The revolution won't be televised
You are the thing farthest away from me but always there
Diaphragm flexing advocates for staying longer
You offer a tremendous trail and it ends closely.
It's as if a bare bulb swings from industrial rafters in a barren room.
Damn, elephant!
The right moment at the wrong time
The arithmetic we do and say and are
Not at 1 am when you didn't close your eyes
Maybe leave a verse or two if you are feeling financially reckless, carve it in stone
Everything was so exciting.
His happiness had given me life.
When we speak, I hear you.
The toxic waste spoken.
It gives you Hollywood chills.
I see wild, wild, wild.
Continuing as the stars that shine.
This was the most releasing and most darkening moment of my life.
Poetry like a boomerang.  The thing that I loved came back tome.
This is a finger on the lips.
A creative, introspective self-portrait.
I am just an afterthought
a lethal embrace
The night's frost holds its hand
A complicated life is you.
I think it's time we took our first steps off the ground.
You follow shade away from red rebirth.
Can you taste everything she holds?

(Compiled by Jessica Dixon)

No comments:

Post a Comment