Thursday, January 29, 2015

Compilation Poem January 29,2015 by the Writers of Speak For Yourself Open Mic

Stretched to the Surface

Very often a hero is one who stands alone
I feel such adoration
Rather easy to be alone, even with others around
I need a cocoon
Started out as a Catholic, then agnostic, then a hippy
I hope my ignorance never flares
When the hinges of world pinched at our hallowed mentalities
Where are all the people?
Life pulls them all out into a pile on the floor.
I am ignorant.
Silence encloses me like iron walls
And watch[es] me with solemn mockery
And in the bright morning
The moon expanded
Against the wind of time
The wind howls its discontent
It gives and it takes.
The lake is a lie.
Tonight I will sleep on its rocking surface.
I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead.
My heart pounds and I breathe heavy.
Angered at the ignorance almost tangible in the air.
I'm not going to pretend it doesn't hurt anymore.
We all lie.
Wondering why I'm not as good as the rest
Leaving me in a sea of broken
I'm partly numb
Insomnia's returned
I [am] not the kid I once was.
Emptiness fill[s] me to the brim
On the plains of hesitation
Dabbling in the mud
Finding peace in a temporal haze
The sun, the moon, the stars
I'll rise above
The guilt of every wrong move.

(Compiled by Trish Hopkinson)

No comments:

Post a Comment