Sunday, February 7, 2016

Compilation Poem for 2/4/16



Books spilled in chaos on the floor

We consider the things we must live without

They’ve gone the way of turtle doves and french hens

They’ll stand against the hunters before god


Leaving you free to breath and nurture and travel

Mostly unknown

Beautiful things I shouldn’t see, shouldn’t but do

Termites in the balistrade


We’re blurry now, less seperate than shared

He rips my shirt sleeves

I could not see you through my telescope

If Peter’s eyes revered his wife and not himself

Cutthroats red dash


Dressed to kill the bad man fast

By early light I am asleep in a nightmare

The room with no moon is perfectly dark

These odd numbers muttering under their breath


You rush beside me

I can’t request

I can’t think clear

I can’t understand


I can’t comprehend the damage my mind has taken

What has become of my true self

You have the last say, you shall decide

I must wait for happiness


As some optimists would say

soon the trenches and graves will green over

Smooth jazz at your fingertips

I’m happy that gravity is spherical

to me gravity is a forcefeild


Your skull is the thickest part of your existence

most would notice,

but I notice the dust

and the match with no sulfur at the tip, unstruck

so no fireworks


There is no tie on this universal rug

I smoked marijuana for the first time with a thirteen year old boy

my eyes are olive against red lines

the sting caused my breath to rise


I could see that everything around me was inviting me to grow

#aesthetic

The aroma that pierces the warm earth

blessed are those who have fun with themselves

And then I went like that and the lady freaked out

chill


After hours

you soon will slowly die inside

thoughts of falling hopes

thoughts of her filled your head


by Sierra Bennett and Daisy Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment