Monday, November 9, 2015

Compilation Poem for October 15, 2015

Holy Lists of Home

for viewing assassinations in real time
before your very eyes
deep, dark like the ocean
nature's split book of erosion
through their own ever changing faces
found on aisle 9
we don't live anywhere near London
sometimes I cry my way through it
just a dream
I will still throw you a rope
Dennis, can you hear me?
he sacrificed the sacred
holy, holy, holy
magicians and black and white television shows
I lost a little bit of my blood and my dignity
and you said it was a blow to your ego
it felt odd to completely re-brand myself
breakups fucking suck
it kept me from seeing
stereoscopically
smoking out of that damn bong
before she started to swim upside down
perceive the world psychedelically
that was my first mistake
I had that dream about you again
I am somewhere you can't see me
I feel I should explain to you first
we will call that holy
because beauty was only in my dreams
the devil knew my name
in a place called Jackass Flats
slit by the peaks that shadow the valley
stripped of petals, deflowered
to find the same face, ever watching
with wings that never folded
so the applause continues
not silky pole dancers
my home is here with this mic
totally
just another day at the beach
always know your vehicles clearance
you miss meteors

in a gulf of emotions

Compiled by Father Sluggo

No comments:

Post a Comment