Sunday, October 11, 2015

Compilation Poem for October 8, 2015

Pink petals mix with cloudy debris
Waves crashing, kissing the shore
Naked feet in straw sandals
I can feel the surf swirling around my ankles
Forget me not, the night says as it slips behind the moon
Be still, be quiet
A whimper disturbs the air
Paralyzed vocal cords
A sorrow so deep, you're left unable to breathe
The once one are now two
A constant mystery: you.
I never told you my wishes because each one was a prayer
I expect too much by expecting anything at all
I've wasted talents and abused love
And I fall and I fall until I hit rock bottom
Finishing the road that is never ending
Let us suppose there is no afterlife
In blank ink, my love shall still shine bright
And the only light to show it was from a lamp post and the last light from the west.

Compiled by Sarah Dutton

No comments:

Post a Comment