Friday, August 28, 2015

Compilation Poem for August 27, 2015

Beautiful pink clipboard
totally uncensored
this was the poem that
turned me on
the flowers were beginning to look up
children in the morning looked at exciting picture
gush forth waters of the pond
smelling hot in the sunlight

"It's been a few months since I've been here
but lets just get into it."
muscle tendon flesh soul expand

these are not usually the poems you
read on the first date
a crush not being returned, I want him
leave me once again undone
this one started out as the first three lines
focused on her exposed by lust
salty and semi-sweet menu
bitter fruit I used to like, but no longer taste
go on an ice cream diet and dream
of a better tomorrow

You should read them in French and Spanish
they sound better, a god overcomes me
love is without reason
I do not love you and I love you.
I do not love you yet
exiled from paradise

Broken hearted this world makes us
naked found him, one special light
waiting for someone to find them
they don't even know it's pointless
a couple waiting far behind
cause now they're really scared

"I'm ashamed of myself, so ashamed, shocking."
Structure is hard
"It is easier for me."
He seemed like a good guy, waiting for a light
to shine through
sitting a religious theology, taking a more academic approach
chews at obedience like a leather strap
Oh I've grown so cold in this thirsty maze
"Lord bid me sing!"

I'm reading old stuff.
It's a rerun
blue day dream
the sound of a falling tree
we all got a secret side
it's even stranger underneath
same as a curse
memories are a season
cry, cry baby, cry, come on baby

a silhouette across a distant sun
oblivious of engulfing dusk
a wild and burning desire
relentless hunger, savage indifferent
contemptuous hunger, groan
starved

I guess that's tall enough, right? Right? Riiiiight?
The bones bending and breaking...
"Death wasn't the black and white devil--
you were."
If it goes somewhere, we all had a hand in it.

Improvements after improvements
not a single soul for us to cling to
a line of flatline soldiers
a wild black widow

"I can't sleep. You're tugging
the words coming so fiercely."
I thought I was a pacifist
a little more delicate each time
to the one who got away
like day old newspapers.
They become ragged in the wind.

I was told the theme was treats
chocolate chocolate, no, no, no, goodbye
It's a game of block worlds
this is what a creeper looks like.
Bring your words and begin to shout
it is only the box I work in that pays
the rent, the concrete hell
I feel alone

Seventy
I'm crunching number,
venom smells like loss,
transcribe my thoughts
tracks of my cheaper thrills
music of miles they gripped
the rush of escaping
rising to rest in the sun

Can everyone just close their eyes
and not look at me?
Wave his last goodbye, I've never been in love
why is it the dream I long for
when there is nothing to run to

If I die today?
We cried....I sat back
stories in everyone's eyes
when loneliness became her best friend.
It's in my hands and in my feet.
I grind my teeth to dust
and it feels a lot like jello.
I'm sick of pretenders winning
lies bringing tears to eyes.
I want to love someone real
reality the crutch

My power-ranger night light shines bright
I get nervous around pretty
girls. I dream that I'll be
great one day.
Weird, stupid I want to be myself
reach further than the farthest star
leave the crutches
JUST DO IT!
Dare to be or not to be
Reality!
The crutch

Compiled by Brantz Woolsey and Rachel Oaks

No comments:

Post a Comment