Friday, April 17, 2015

Compilation poem for April 16, 2015

To the Girl Who Made the Microphone Explode

Hello, down there
Searching for an individual
To fly where you can't stand
You're better than the lies they tell
I'm still me, I'm just not all there
Something old from up the river
Judging every single moment
She tries to breathe
Walking is harder than it was last week
My eyes don't have quite the same light they used to
Fumes erupt
Strangle sweet
We're withering
I don't think I can escape and I'm not sure I want to
Please don't hurt me
Let the spirits go free
Infinite fatigue
Cut the eyes of their sister
The time of earthquakes is at hand
It's called a test
Pizza has unlimited potential
Sugar is true love
Then my heart with pleasure fills and dances with the daffodils
I can't yell from a mountain...because I'm afraid of heights
I hope that it's enough
Climb that tree that seemed inconceivable
How beautiful you are
Your smile lights up your face
You will forget that you are loved
I'm the number between 0 and 2 but I'm still lost
Do you want decisions to be made for you
Sometimes you just gotta
Choose strength and shun fear
Our pictures never match
We don't belong anywhere else

Compiled by Portia Densley

No comments:

Post a Comment